What is Jen doing right now? She...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Evenings

Thursday evening is the night that I work at my other very very part time job but a job that I absolutely love. I work as a receptionist for Weight Watchers. There is a local meeting here in Stewartville that takes place at a church and Sandy (the leader) and I work there every Thursday. She has other meetings too but I like to think that this is her favorite one :)



For those of you that don't know, I lost 45 pounds following the Weight Watchers program. After reaching my goal and then attaining Lifetime membership, I considered working for WW as long as it could be part time. Well it eventually worked out and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect situation. A meeting in my own home town just one night a week. Working for WW is not only very rewarding because of all the people you get to inspire and motivate but we also have to weigh-in once a month so it's a great way to maintain my loss. I love working with Sandy too! She's a GREAT leader whom I'm learning so much from and we just work so well together (our cycles are even the same...sorry guys...we were joking about that tonight!)

Sandy is going to be leaving this meeting to spend more time with her family. We've been talking about this for about a week now trying to figure out a way to keep this meeting going. It's not easy finding leaders or receptionists especially for a meeting not in Rochester. After much thought I am considering leading this group. It's a great opportunity because I know them already and they're comfortable with me. I'm meeting with the Territory Manager tomorrow before our employee meeting and we're going to discuss options. The members were very concerned tonight about this meeting. They don't want to see it close and we definitely don't either! I'm very sad that Sandy is leaving but am so grateful she's given me her blessing and encouragement to move forward with this and try leadership. I know Sandy will always be with WW and I don't imagine I will ever leave either so we'll always be friends (hopefully she'll stop by the meeting every now and then too).