What is Jen doing right now? She...

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rain rain rain!

Well this weekend was spent mostly indoors because of all the rain! Friday night we went downtown and just enjoyed the night...it was Scott's idea and of course I was all for it. He figured we should probably go outside since we won't be doing much of the over the weekend. He was right. Saturday we spent the day cleaning and preparing for our friends Eric and Leah to come over for games and pizza. Thinking back I don't think I went outside the entire day! It was raining ALL day non-stop. Before they came over I had some time to play around on Photoshop. This is becoming more and more of a hobby for me. I love just playing around with pictures and creating different things with them. I'm getting more and more confident with myself...now I just need to take more pictures. It's a very fun and addictive hobby. It's also fun to see what other Photoshoppers have done on their blogs. Mine are nothing compared to theirs and remember...I'm still experimenting.

Hanging out with Eric and Leah was fun like always, we ordered pizza from the new Pizza Ranch down the road and enjoyed appetizers and dessert from Presto Cuisine (a local place where you prepare your meals at the store and then freeze them like Let's Dish, Dish it Up or Mix it Up). We did photography for them and now we get a deal on their food. I think we will be doing that for dinner more often than not...it's great!! We save money, it's easy, healthy and it's great food...can't go wrong. I don't think our pictures are up there yet but you should see the food they offer...yum!

Sunday was church and then we had planned to finish off our Summer of Festivals by going to Plainview Corn on the Cob days but it was cancelled because of rain/flooding. We visited Robin instead and she gave me more cds with lots of Photoshop stuff...REALLY excited about that! Then another lazy rainy day. Wow some people really got clobbered with this rain though, we're lucky we don't have a basement at this point! We do have a small water spot on our ceiling in our bedroom that we're keeping an eye on but it's nothing compared to what some people are going through.

Tonight for dinner from Presto: Ham steaks with grilled peaches, freshly picked corn on the cob and garlic baked potatoes...everything was delicious.

Enjoy the pics...any comments/suggestions are always appreciated. (You can click on them to see them bigger)

A motion blur effect on a Bears pic


Abby


Me


Mom and Ryan...old photo style


This is my favorite...Laura took the pic and I made it into a polaroid collage, I made a pretend signature at the bottom: Elder Photography :)

1 comment:

Eric and Leah said...

That's a pretty cool picture!