What is Jen doing right now? She...

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Buddies, Blogs and the Business

Well last night our friends Eric and Leah came back from their trip. We had a great time at their house and they made us dinner it was so great! I wish I would've had my camera to take pictures of a few things. Eric made the bread and spaghetti sauce from scratch and Leah made a salad and dessert...yummy! They also shared their trip with us and showed us lots of amazing pictures. What an adventure...not many people get to see all that they did in such a short period of time.

About the blog, I just want to say that I have really enjoyed updating this blog. It's so much fun to be able to capture everything online and invite other people in. Scott even thinks that we do more because of it...not sure about that I think we just make a point to document it more. The best part about this whole thing is that it's memories that will be here forever and I don't have to worry anymore about printing off pictures and putting them in an album or something. I feel like I'm putting the picture to good use and I'll have great documentation of our life. I've recently added two new blogs to my blog list: Eric started one called "Cultured" and Scott started one called "Minnesota Movie Freak" This blogging thing is contagious!

Hmmm, the name of my blog is "Married at Work" yet I never really talk about work. For those of you that don't know, Scott and I work together for my dad. (I guess it says that in "About me"). I used to be out filming a lot more but now I'm in the office needing to take care of things here and we have contractors that do photography work for us. As shown in the picture, we are literally inches away from each other all day (my work space is the more messy one on the right). A lot of times we go off into our own worlds and listen to music on our headphones. I spend the day editing pictures, working on video tours, scheduling and some marketing too plus I am on the field occasionally doing a virtual tour. Oh and of course when my mom is home or my sister comes to visit with the kids I spend a little more time in the house than I should...perk to a small family-owned business. Other perks? I picked a fresh tomato from my dad's garden for lunch the last 3 days, Scott and I left for lunch at Famous Daves, I left early for my other very part-time job (more on that later), I can "borrow" food from my mom anytime, we can bring our dog to work...the list goes on and on. On a normal day Scott processes virtual tours and handles websites...plus handles all of the record keeping and monthly statistics. It just works for Scott and me at work. We don't fight often and don't get on each other's nerves. We must just have the right personalities that mix well together but it's really not as bad as you would think. So many people say that they couldn't work with their spouse...you just make it work and know when to stop talking about the business. Work issues have definitely come home though, how could they not...they do even when you don't work together! That's just life. We love our jobs, love the business we're in and love the flexibility of it (which will especially be nice when we have kids). It's stressful at times but let's face it, almost everything in life causes stress at some point. We can't get it much better than we have it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This variant does not approach me. Perhaps there are still variants?