What is Jen doing right now? She...

Monday, August 13, 2007

Family and Storms

Well this past weekend was pretty low key. Friday I went up to the cities and stayed over night at my sisters to watch her kids. It was fun to be with the kids...Ryan is talking non-stop now and he even tries to trick me into giving him things like pop and chocolate...smart kid! They both went to bed well and behaved which is always a plus :) When Laura got home the next day I went home and we went grocery shopping and watched Disturbia. Read Scott's review on his blog (Minnesota Movie Freak). That night we had a pretty bad storm and we went to the storm shelter (down the street) just in case since our little home is risky when it comes to severe weather. We just recently got a Blackberry for work and I was glad I had it. I was texting with my Dad plus checking the internet and email updates so we were constantly updated and knew exactly where the storm was and when the worst part was over. That was very handy...the other people in the shelter were appreciative of the updates too. The lightning was crazy...it would constantly lightning! We both love storms though so this was an exciting night for us.

Yesterday was pretty much a bum day. We did normal housecleaning things and I made some food for the week plus I went for a run. I felt like I needed to do something! We've been going somewhere almost every weekend so it was nice to stay home and enjoy the lazy day. We won't get many more of those once we have kids either. Or maybe we'll have lots since we won't be going anywhere.

Today Laura came down with the kids because it's been a while since my parents have seen them. Per usual I didn't get as much done at work as I normally would but I can't help it. How can I resist "Auntie can you come outside with me?" I stayed after for a while and we had hamburgers then the kids and my dad went swimming. Abby can now say "papa" and she was saying it a lot towards the end of the night. It was really cute! Enjoy the pics :)



Wow that dog is patient!




The bubble gun...a favorite toy at Grandma's house


Ryan has to wear this cap for a few days because he has stitches in his head...very cute




Abby loves the water just like her Auntie did :)

No comments: