What is Jen doing right now? She...

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Minneapolis Bridge

I'm actually posting about things that have happened during the week. This is not normal for me but I hope to do this more often. I am waiting for a video tour I'm working on to finish capturing and I have to moniter it so decided to update the blog.

I wanted to blog a little about the bridge collapsing in Minneapolis. Wow what a tragedy! I first heard about it when Scott's aunt (Lacrecia) called asking if we were ok. When she told me a bridge collapsed in Minneapolis I didn't think it was a big deal. I had the same thoughts on 9/11, it's hard to know the magnitude of a situation when you just hear of a bridge collapsing or a plane hitting a building until you actually see the catastrophe on tv. I called my sister (who lives close to Minneapolis and Darren works there) and made sure they were alright. It's certainly strange having something like that happen so close to home and in a city we've travelled to very often. I can't imagine what's going through the minds of the families who have family members still missing. We're praying for all those family members and rescue workers. It's a big mess to clean up and something we will never forget.

No comments: