What is Jen doing right now? She...

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

KOA Camping

We camped this past weekend in Jordan, MN. We were originally gonna go to the Strawberry Festival in Winona but figured out it sounded pretty low key so decided to go to the cities instead. The campsite was decent with an indoor pool and they even had Shrek 2 playing that night for kids. This was our first time using our new camping bin :) Ours friends Eric and Leah use a camping bin when they camp and we decided it would be helpful to have one also. In our bin you ask? I will put a list in case you want to make one (and so we can remember what's in it):

Paper plates/bowls
Plastic silverware
Coffee mugs
Coffee
Cooking Pot
Pot Holders
Lighter
Fire sticks
Pam
Tongs
Spatula
Hot Cocoa
Wipes
Table Cloth w/ clamps
Flashlight/Lamp
Sunscreen
Bug Spray
Citronella Candle
Hand Sanitizer
First Aid kit
Salt/Pepper
Paper Towels
Plastic Bags
Oatmeal
Air Mattress

I think that's it :) Here are some pics:

The site


Relaxing


Getting dinner ready (I apparently use my foot)


Our yummy hobos!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One question: What's in a "hobo"?

-jaeger

Anonymous said...

Your list for your Camping Bin is very interesting, especially the item between Pam and spatula.
We really don't need to know
EVERYTHING you bring along. :)

Jen Elder said...

They're really good and easy. I made them before hand and put them in a cooler. Ground beef (made into patties and seasoned), carrots and potatoes. That's it! I think I'm going to make some with chicken next time.

Jen Elder said...

Lacrecia...oops! Guess I spelled that wrong. Fixed :)

Dodi said...

I didn't even realize it when I made the reservation, but Laura mentioned it, we just camped at the same KOA last weekend! We really liked it, great people running it and the indoor pool was great with two kids + my 10 year old Niece! :)

Your hobo sounds good, I might try that next time!

Anonymous said...

sounds like a blast... ummm... did i say, yous guys are the greatest?

COOL FREAKIN BLOG!!!