What is Jen doing right now? She...

Monday, April 28, 2008

Do the Du, I Did

I'm officially a Duathlete! Yesterday my friend, Suzanne, and I raced in the 1st Annual Oronoco Duathlon. What does the Duathlon consist of you ask? We did the short course and this is what it was:

2 mile run
13 mile bike
2 mile run

I had never run 4 miles in my life! And man, the biking was a lot harder than I expected plus I need some serious help in that area. I did pretty well on the runs but biker after biker kept passing me. I passed one biker...she was walking :) And after the second transition (from bike to run), that was difficult for a a few minutes. My legs were numb! But once you find your pace and are comfortable it gets easier. I'm feeling it today. So I didn't rank the best but I finished and I didn't walk at all!! I'm proud of that. Plus it's my first Duathlon ever and I'm apparently not a biker...yet :) Looking forward to the Tri in July. Here are my stats:

Jennifer Elder
bib number: 4624
age: 27
gender: F
location: Stewartville, MN
overall place: 85 out of 92
division place: 5 out of 6
gender place: 40 out of 48
time: 2:01:03
run 1: 21:59
transition 1: 1:12
bike: 1:11:33 (yikes!)
transition 2: 0:52
run 2: 25:29

Summary
number of finishers: 92
number of females: 45
number of males: 47
average time: 01:39:44

Here are some pics, thanks for the awesome pics, honey!

Suzanne stretching


Before the race




Me and Suzanne


Me and Erin (a friend I met at the race)


Go!




1st Run




Eric and Leah showed up for support


More family support


Suzanne's mom and Mikayla




Random biker, cool shot


Start biking!










Bike graveyard


My legs hurt!


Ouch, I have to run AGAIN?




Almost there!


Victory!




Go Erin!


Finished at last!


To view more pictures you can go here: http://209.23.153.221/webgallery/duathlon/index.html

Now it's back to training...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking through the pics here and the ones that scott sent, the funniest thing I saw was the contrast between you on your rinky dink mountain bike looking like you are going for a sunday stroll and the people who were really good in their sleek suits and their super nice bikes. I found that to be hilarious.

Congrats on finishing!

Jen Elder said...

I fully realize I look/am amateur but thanks for pointing that out. Most of those that were all decked out in their gear did the long course so they're definitely more hardcore!

Robin One Photography said...

you are my hero!