What is Jen doing right now? She...

Friday, April 25, 2008

Galena, IL

A couple weekends ago we went to Galena, IL for a mini family vacation with the Elder side of the family. This was a Christmas present to us "kids" and we finally redeemed it. I've been to Galena before with Sue and her sisters and I fell in love with the town. It's so cute with tons of little unique shops and resturants plus lots of activities going on year round. We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa. It's perfect because each bedroom is on a different level with it's own bathroom. Then on the main floor there's a living room with fireplace and a decent-sized full kitchen. So you get your privacy but also have a place to hang out too. The first night we enjoyed chili and a casual night of hanging out. The next two mornings I took advantage of the adult lap swim and fitness room to do a mini-triathlon to help train me for the triathlon coming up in July. Great workouts! Saturday we went shopping and Spence stuffed a turtle...a fake turtle that is. We then got ready to go out to eat and ate at an amazing Italian resturant where we were seated in our own little room...it was called the Dungeon. Scott loved the sauce so much he bought a bottle of it. Then we went down to the Rocky Road Candy Co and got some treats...caramel popcorn and chocolate covered rice crispy bars. Wow...rich! A bite or two was all I needed. Then we went back to the villa to play some Phase 10. It was a really great time together. The next morning Scott took a few more pictures but I wasn't feeling well (dang rice crispy bars) so we didn't spend a lot of time doing that (see, I slow him down).

The whole family in the Dungeon


Acoustic music at the resort grill/bar


An imported raspberry beer I tried (not normally into beer, it was ok though)


Our Villa (on the left)






Mom and son


Dad and son












Scott's artsy shot


I made him sit on a very old bench


I think he was singing when I took this


That's better


Downtown Galena


It's turtle-stuffing time!


No comments: