What is Jen doing right now? She...

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Foods I Eat

A friend of mine has recently joined Weight Watchers and she has asked me to help her by giving her some food suggestions. I've done this before and I also want a list for myself (sometimes I forget what I eat) so I decided to post it here so I will have it forever and now it will benefit others too. Feel free to comment on the foods you eat that are healthy also. Of course fruits and vegetables are an obvious great choice for foods but I may not be listing those since they are indeed obvious. I will list foods that I pretty much always have in my house since I've been on WW and that I occassionally purchase too.

Dairy
Skim Milk
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
2% Cheese
Fat Free Cheese
Low fat Sour Cream
FF or LF Cottage Cheese
Country Crock w/ calcium
Egg Beaters - original and southwestern
Yogurt (I try to stick with the natural stuff here)
Laughing Cow Cheese (light original)

Meat
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Pork Loin
Lean Ground Beef
Tuna
Canadian Bacon

Snacks
Lowfat Chips (I like some of the natural kinds in the health food section)
TLC Crackers
FF Pringles
100 Calorie mini popcorn bags
WW cookies or bars
Hershey sticks
Cut up veggies

Canned
Soup (I like Italian Style Wedding)
Beans (kidney, pinto and black)
Fruit (pineapple, pears and peaches)
New Potatoes
Tomato Sauce/Diced Tomatoes
Corn

Frozen
WW desserts/bars
Frozen Vegetables
Frozen Fruit
FF Cool Whip
Edy's Slow Churned Ice Cream

Bread/Grains
Whole Wheat bread
WW english muffins
Wheat Pita Bread
Brown Rice (instant)
WW pasta
Bulgar
Barley
Polenta
Cereal
Oatmeal

Other
PB2
RF Peanut Butter
SF Jelly/Jam
Mini Choc Chips
Ranch dressing packets
Pickles
Hot Tea
SF/FF Pudding
Fruit Leather
Vita-muffins

Alot of times for dinner I'll make a pita pizza or english muffin pizza with just tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. It's pretty low in points.

I think that's it, I'll continue adding to this if I think of more. Here's a recipe for Taco Soup that I've made several times and love:

Taco Soup

1 lb lean ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, no salt added
1 can Rotel
1 can diced tomatoes, no salt added
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch seasoning

Brown beef with onion. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, cook at least until heated through. 1 cup = 3 pts. Top with LF sour cream and/or cheese.

No comments: