What is Jen doing right now? She...

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Attention all Movie Lovers! (plus a weekend update)

My husband recently converted his movie blog into a website. Here's the link: Minnesota Movie Freak. It's really a great site. Watching movies is definitely his favorite past time. It's so much more to him than most people. And I have to say I'm beginning to come around too and enjoy them more than ever. Check out his site before you even go to the theaters. He's in depth with his reviews but some of them will have reviews from me too and from others that saw it with us. Plus you can review too! It's a fun site.

This weekend we did a few things. On Friday night we just kinda hung around. We ordered Outback to go (thanks, Dad for the GC) and lounged around. It was so freezing this weekend that you didn't want to leave the house much.

Saturday morning my friend Suzanne and I went to our first tri-clinic. As some of you know we're training for a triathlon that we'll be doing with some of my friends from college in July. We're super excited but I have a long way to go. Luckily there's time but those things always come sooner than you think. I have to admit it's tough in the winter time especially when I'm not a member of a gym. Anyway the tri-clinic was very very helpful. We worked on our technique for the front crawl (much more to it than I ever thought) and then the instructor video-taped us so we could watch what we were doing wrong and try to fix it. After that we did lots of laps and worked on finding our pace, endurance and some underwater breathing exercises. All very helpful and a great workout. I'm so excited because next week we're going to be doing a mini-tri at the Y. Should be interesting. It's great having trainers there to push you.

After the tri-clinic Scott and I went to see Atonement with our friends Eric and Leah (see review by clicking on the movie title). Then they came over for a pot roast dinner and cards.

Sunday was church, Panera and then we went to see Cloverfield with our friend Nate. It was a double feature weekend (like I said, it was coooold). After that it was back home to do some cleaning, I took a nap and we watched both championship games. Wow, can't believe the Packers lost! I really wanted to see Green Bay vs New England. I was rooting for Green Bay all the way.

Our house was so cold we literally had some frost in the upper corner of our master bathroom on the inside!! Plus our heater is working overtime and Scott thought the heating element would burn out (the heat wasn't coming out so hot) so he wanted it to rest. So we were trying to warm up the house by turning on all ovens, stovetops and the dryer. Ahhh gotta love a poorly insulated home in -40 wind chill.

No comments: