What is Jen doing right now? She...

Friday, May 1, 2009

You mean I can actually go out in public with a baby?!?!

Well I must say that the last few weeks have been a whirlwind! I feel like I'm just a constant breastfeeding machine who's locked inside a cave. Figures it's while the days are now warm and beautiful and everyone on Facebook is talking about how gorgeous it is out there and I'm stuck in my very attractive pajamas all day long. One of the main thoughts that crosses my mind several times is, "will my life ever be normal again, will I ever be able to go anywhere now that I have a baby?" It all seems so complicated right now and so much work to go out of the house with a baby. I distinctly remember the first time I drove by myself. I was worried about how I would put the carseat in the car by myself and how I would hold the carseat without looking awkward (it seems like all moms just know how to carry these things). Well it did feel awkward and I did have a little sense of anxiety the first time I went out by myself. But it kept getting easier and easier and now I am proud to say that I can carry the carseat with one hand very easily now!! Yay, it's the little things :) I forced myself this week to GET OUT and do things. Like go to bible study, go to help out at church and go back to WW. That was hard but helped a lot. Here are some more pictures from her first week:

Sleeping baby


Gus is a little protect dog


Neglected puppy


Grandma Elder


Thanks for the gifts!




Daddy with Em


We both love to sleep


She always presses against the side of her cosleeper


Her warming bear (and apparently new best friend)

No comments: