What is Jen doing right now? She...

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

PB2

It pays to be assertive!! That's a Weight Watchers "Tool for Living" (being assertive). PB2 is powdered peanut butter. It's made of peanuts, sugar and salt. You can mix it with water to get spreadable peanut butter but it's best to be used in recipes (smoothies, cookies etc). It's WAY lower in calories than regular PB and tastes pretty good too. I'm loving this stuff.

Here's the "being assertive" part. PB2 is NOT easy to find. In fact (as far as I know), they don't carry it in any stores in Rochester, you can only get it online and you have to buy a case!! So if you don't have someone to share this stuff with you'd better find a place to store your new powdery goodness. I contacted HyVee (our local grocery store chain) and within weeks the South HyVee ordered it and it's on the shelves!! They even said they'd probably sample it in the spring! When I went to get it there was a sign and everything displaying the new product (in the health food section).

I have to say there's a certain satisfaction to knowing I had a hand in this. It certainly makes me appreciate the store even more. So it pays to be assertive...definitely never hurts to ask :)

For more information and recipes using PB2, go to http://www.bellplantation.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Heart Hy-Vee!!! Man, I miss that store. That's awesome that you got that product on the shelf! YAY YOU!!! :) - Laura