What is Jen doing right now? She...

Monday, September 14, 2009

Glorified Formula

So I started on solids today. She seemed to be eating a lot of formula lately and it just felt like the right time. I'm actually kind of nervous to start solids. Partly because I'm afraid of the portions and whether or not I'm going to be giving her enough or too much. Then there's so many options it's overwhelming!! Plus it's just more work than the bottle honestly so I know I'm in for more planning ahead. Like everything else though it will just take getting used to. My sister reassured me that really she's getting most of her nutrients from the formula and breast milk anyway. Starting on solids this early really is just to get them used to eating with a spoon more than anything.

The first batch I made for her was pretty much glorified formula in a bowl. Just a bit thicker than formula. Here's a video and some pics.








1 comment:

Schuster Fam said...

I started Chloe on formula @ 4 months because she was sucking me dry!! I was glad to get my hands on something that would stick...I felt like a cow-mama!! Hey-she looks like mommy in these pictures-oh my goodnes...she looks just like you in a few of them!!! I hear Mr. Elder is a freak over football....my husband sat by him on draft night and laughed by his insanity!!