What is Jen doing right now? She...

Monday, August 24, 2009

Growing Girl - 4 month appointment

Here are Emily's stats for her 4 month appointment (she's quite the little chub):

Height - 25 1/2 inches (85th percentile)
Weight - 17 lb 4 oz (96th percentile)
Head - 16 3/4" (84th percentile)

So all of this on top of wearing cloth diapers means she's wearing 6-9 month clothes. She's starting to grab things much better, becoming more aware of her surroundings (Gus, when we talk etc), she loves to smile, she sometimes laughs but not as often as we'd like and she LOVES chewing/sucking on her hands. That's her favorite past time.

I'm starting to get into a routine now finally. This is a typical day for her not including eating and changing diaper schedules (I want to record this for my benefit later with other children plus I'm always interested in others schedules so hopefully someone out there will find this interesting.)

7-8am - wake
10am-1:30pm (or 2 hours after she wakes) - nap
1:30-1:45 - tummy time
1:45-4:30 play
4:30pm-5:30 - nap number 2
8pm - start getting ready for bed/bath
8:30pm - down for the night

I LOVE that she takes that long nap in the morning because it works really well with my schedule since I'm not only a full time stay at home mom but also a work from home mom!! I need to get stuff done and this is a good opportunity to do that.

Haven't started on rice cereal yet. Honestly, I'm not really in a hurry for this. Many moms seem to not be able to wait for the next stage but I find bottle feeding very easy and convenient...why change that if it's going fine? I will probably start to try to introduce food once she turns 5 months old...which is very soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi all

Very new to this..... and just want to say hello to everyone!!! Would love to hear from you all......re your experiences of forums, interests I like gardening, reading and chilling out with friends

Keep smiling, Dennis from [url=http://www.myonlinepayday.com]My Online Payday[/url] website!