What is Jen doing right now? She...

Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th

This year for the 4th we went camping!  Of course since it was a holiday and a weekend we had to camp a minimum of 3 nights.  We went to Chester Woods again, I just love that place!  I rode my bike from my parent's house (6 miles) the first night because 1. I didn't want to pay to get in with my car and 2. the triathlon was only a week away so I needed to practice all I could.  The first two nights were spent with Eric and Leah at the campsite.  

On Friday we went down to the lake and Suzanne and I practiced swimming in open water for the tri.  Very helpful!!  Then it was just a day of hanging out.  Oh and we bought a "boat".  We love going canoeing so we figured it's probably profitable to buy a little kayak than to continue renting over and over.  It's the greatest little kayak, blow up so we don't have to worry about storage.  We love the back rests on it....very comfy.  So we got back from buying that and went right on the water with it.  Then my mom brought us some awesome fresh food from their garden.  We had barbecued chicken over the fire, fresh salad with homemade dressing, potato salad and mulberry cobbler for dessert.  It was fantastic!!!  That night for the fireworks we didn't want to leave our campsite so we ended up just walking around listening and partially seeing some of them in surrounding towns.  

Saturday Suzanne and I practiced the tri again.  This time we swam for 20 minutes, then timed our transition to bike.  Then we biked 14 miles!!  I was so proud of us.  It was hard work but I think ultimately helped us in the tri.  Then my sister and her family came and we hung out with them until the next morning.  Abby and Ryan liked riding their bikes around the campground and they both got a ride in the kayak.  Ryan especially liked this but mostly because Scott let him help.  

Leah fanning the fire

Scott with the new purchase

Our boat and tent

Abby

Ryan getting real excited for smores


Auntie and Abby


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.